7.21.2021

another lockdown another reflection

it feels like lockdowns are going to become a norm because people are not getting vaccinated fast enough. as I try to become an expert in snot for my 4 year old, I reflect on the years past- divorce, settling into a different routine, lockdowns and COVID tests, understanding autism, grieving for mum's passing...it's been a steep learning curve. I shaved my head in memory of my sweet mother, donating my hair to become a mop for ocean spills (go to "sustainable" hair salons!) and a humble amount of money for cancer research. friends and family who supported me through this was a beautiful warm fuzzy feel, a feeling I shall never forget. D keeps saying she misses my hair and my curls. i miss it too. i just know that the next 10 years of my life are going to be nothing like the past 10 years. if there is one thing these past two years has shown me repeatedly is just stay in the present. just be in the present. just be grateful because simple is good. 

Hiç yorum yok: