2.20.2009

Going into a “Zen situation”

Here’s what I have been upto (my list)

Movers bringing furniture and forgetting some in the truck (the truck left for Ankara and we were left with a room of table corpses- tables without legs)
Our Project manager trying to meet needs (even one where she was asked to bring glue to paste the carpet where the cable box was being installed)
Security setting up system and materials missing
Electricians drilling and cabling
Fax and photocopier getting installed
Cleaners trying to do detailed work
Phones getting hooked up and me getting trained
IT system and Turk Telekom communications (can’t even complete the sentence because it is such a black hole of a subject)
All through this I was translating until I couldn’t form my own sentences

Alain (my boss) says to me “I really want you to go into a Zen situation now”. Is it possible? Was it possible?

Vinyasa Ashtanga Mysore style is the way to Zen in circumstances like these. I can do kapalbhatti for a bit and find myself floating in 5 minutes but this is something else. We do ujjayi breathing for an hour and half through surya namaskar and all the asanas. It’s a crash course into feeling good if one completely surrenders. One definitely needs a foundation of yoga to do it. The heart does not beat any faster, the ujjayi keeps it at optimal level and the white muscles just give way. With 4 classes I can see improvement at different levels. Sivananda holds poses long, does the movements slowly and has sections within its practice. Vinyasa Ashtanga adds a twist by incorporating ujjayi throughout and even though one is in continuous motion it looks like one is watching a movie in slow motion. I love the style.

And I am not giving it up.

Hiç yorum yok: