11.06.2008

how thai yoga massage changed my life

massage is not something one should not take seriously. i have believed in its transformational power since i was 10. it was probably my mother's influence, massaging my hands and shoulders to help me sleep, or teaching me how a woman should massage her legs with the best lotion after a bath. there was a time when i wanted to be a massage therapist out in colorado but they did not give "scholarships". i put that dream on hold for a few years.

a 7 year hold.

March 2007, a group of friends from my energy group, we found a thai yoga massage training course in istanbul. all of us were interested, and being in istanbul was a great opportunity. being a yoga instructor i figured it would be an added bonus to my skills.

my first 10 hour session was interesting and since we were paired with others, i was a puppet for my partner. the incredible thing is all the fatigue from travelling 6 hours to istanbul disappeared only to be replaced with renewed energy. it was enough energy to keep me going that night where i met people who were going to be my closest friends in the istanbul chapter of my life.

i met sinem and her sister seyhan at a party that i was invited to by eren's mother. eren's mother is not like any mother i have met...her laughter echoes through halls and her look pierces through flesh. that night sinem and seyhan convinced me that i belonged in istanbul. mind you they did not diss ankara, they clearly stated that istanbul was the calling to my soul. subtle.

and thus began the slow journey to prepare myself for this awe- inspiring city. it was because of thai yoga massage... i tell my clients all the time, if you want a change in your life for the better get 4 sessions of thai massage within 2 months and watch the transformation. it is worth it.

Hiç yorum yok: