3.13.2009

what loss does

loss cannot be replaced. loss has changed me each time. very abstract concepts but loss has only one purpose- to conquer our own weaknesses. it took me years to ease myself concerning my father's death and as i get older loss of loved ones becomes a part of ones life. my uncle for example lost his hair and peace from 3 failed marriages but here is getting married for the 4th time. i don't think he is after replacement of anything, he is in search of happiness and loss has only pushed him further to find what he was after. he never lost faith.

friends of mine have lost parents. and i have appeared cold. i have asked myself a dozen times if i am cold to this particular subject or if i am a cold person. but i am not. there were nights where i imagined people talking about me at my death and i knew some would not even know about my death until a month later when emails went unanswered. as i sat discussing this with myself over a mocha, i realised that maybe just maybe death is not important to me as much as life is. i know there is death, that i hope to not come back as a human being but hopefully as an angel or hopefully a born yogini...that bidding goodbye to loss is a reason to rejoice in their found peace however difficult it maybe to let go...that in the years it takes to heal from loss are the same years that are the most rewarding in terms of character...

it is not easy to recover from loss but one has a choice to just keep going.

Hiç yorum yok: